HOT WORK ON VESSELS IN PORT OF LOVIISA
All possible hot works on vessels must be carried out in permanent hot work areas. Hot work may be performed at a temporary site only if the work cannot be performed at a permanent hot work site.
MINIMUM SAFETY PRECAUTIONS WHEN PERFORMING HOT WORK:
- Clean up and secure the hot work site. Remove and protect all combustible and flammable machines, materials, equipment, bins and containers.
- Inspect ceiling, bulkhead and floor structures and shield leadthroughs and openings.
- Ensure that everyone knows the number on the berth, how to make an emergency call and how to use extinguishing equipment.
- Please consult your agent, if in a need of information.
- The work site has to be equipped with at least two portable fire extinguisher of class 43A 183B C or equal. Another one of these extinguishers can be substituted by either two portable fire extinguishers of class 27A 11B C or with an immediately utilizable fire hydrant and hose reel
- Protect combustible materials that cannot be removed, including electrical cables
- Inspect the facilities around hot work site. Assess the need to arrange hot work guarding in those facilities
- Prevent the spread of sparks and the leading of heat to the surrounding areas (also below)
- The sprinkler system doesn’t normally need to be disconnected. Protect the sprinkler nozzles from heat.
- Appoint a hot work guard for the duration of work and after work is completed
- Ensure that the hot work guard is present throughout the whole duration of the work, including breaks
- After the hot work is completed, continue guarding of the hot work site not less than one hour
Emergency number in Finland is 112