We offer cargo handling services for conventional ship loading and unloading using onshore or shipboard cranes, furthermore the port also has a ramp for RoRo ships and the equipment for handling roll-trailers and StoRo cargo. Grain loading is managed with an efficient grain loader, while cement is unloaded with an onshore pneumatic unloading system.
We specialise in the transportation of timber, grains, cement, poles, logs, bulk goods, general cargo, various types of bulk cargo, and projects ranging from boxes to special transports weighing thousands of tons.
Our goal is simple: to provide the most efficient and competitive stevedoring services for these types of cargo.
The Port of Loviisa's strengths are efficiency, flexibility and reliability, and every customer is provided with individual service.
We always use the equipment best suited for each type of cargo:
- The port has four mobile crawler cranes, or so-called precision cranes, allowing us to comprehensively and efficiently meet the needs of our customers and adapt to different situations with a range of accessories, such as lifting hooks, spreaders, lifting tongs and grabbers for handling bulk cargo. In addition to this, we also have a rubber-tyred mobile crane with a grabber.
- We also have a range of forklifts, with handling capacities ranging from three tonnes all the way to twenty tonnes.
- Wheel loaders for handling bulk products, pulp and poles
- Reach stacker for cargo container and special lifting
- Modern and fast conveyors for handling grains and cement, providing quick turnover and reliable operation.