Valid 1.1.2023 –
You may order the Price list 2023 from: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. General terms and conditions of the Price List
Operations in the harbour area of Port of Loviisa Ltd are subject to the harbour regulations of Port of Loviisa Ltd.
All owners, holders, representatives, logistic service providers or other parties responsible for the service fees of any goods or ships arriving at or departing the port area of Port of Loviisa Ltd, as well as those who otherwise use the services of Port of Loviisa Ltd, commit to adhering to the price list and to give all relevant information to port for invoicing. If relevant information is not given, the logistic service provider will be invoiced.
The charges in this price list do not include value-added tax (VAT). VAT is added to the prices according to the valid VAT rate, if sales are liable to taxation according to law and/or decisions made by public authorities.
In case the liability for payment regarding VAT becomes retroactive on account of changes in interpretation, we presume that clients will act in accordance with Section 178 of the Value Added Tax Act.
The payment time for invoices is 30 days.
Penalty interest is calculated in accordance with section 4 § of the Interest Act.
The collection fee is 25,00 €.
If there are any differences between Finnish and English Price Lists, please follow the Finnish one.
2. Cargo charges
2.1. General Terms
- The cargo charges shall be paid in accordance with the related charge table for cargo transported via the areas of the Port of Loviisa.
- The charge shall be paid by the domestic owner, shipping agent, shipping company, the person in charge of the cargo during the transport or other logistic service provider unless otherwise agreed. The person responsible for paying the charge or the logistic service provider shall provide the Port of Loviisa Ltd with the information required for determining the charge.
- Goods charges are levied according to gross weight, unless otherwise stipulated.
- Charges are waived on the following:
• passenger luggage
• containers, pallets and similar transport equipment classified as facilities and not as merchandise, excluding empty vehicle units transported.
- Cargo will be charged for accordance with the general tariff if the transported cargo is not otherwise specified in charge table.
- Requests for compensation for any cargo charges must be submitted to the Port of Loviisa Ltd within one month of the end of the calendar year.
- Otherwise than overboard transported Cargo is charged 50% of the port charges on cargo according to the charge table, if not otherwise charged (via rail / land transport).
Cargo will be charged for accordance with the general charge if the transported cargo cannot be divided in charge classes in accordance with the price list.
3. Vessel charges
3.1. General Terms
The Port of Loviisa Ltd will levy a harbour charge in accordance with the price list on any vessel entering the port area of Loviisa.
- The basis for this charge is the net tonnage of the vessel. The vessel charge is calculated by multiplying the charge by the net tonnage.
- If the net tonnage changes in port, the charge will be made according to the highest net tonnage.
- In order to be able to determine the basis for the charge, the captain of the ship or a representative is obliged to make the appropriate notifications for calculation of the charge.
- Payment of the harbour charge entitles a vessel to an uninterrupted stay of 14 days in the port area.
- Vessels shall be declared to the Port of Loviisa Ltd immediately after arrival and departure, unless otherwise agreed.
- The vessel charge may be reduced, or a vessel may be completely exempted from paying the vessel charge for exceptional reasons.
- Vessels which keep the Port of Loviisa as their base (tugboats etc.) are charged a vessel charge in accordance with a quay charge agreed separately.
- A waste disposal payment will be collected from vessels in accordance with a separately confirmed ship-generated waste charge.
- Services used by vessels are charged for according to their costs.
4. Vessel waste management charges
A waste management fee will be charged for according to the vessel’s net tonnage.
• Solid waste
• Waste from the engine room
The waste management fee includes the direct and indirect costs associated with the receipt, transport and processing of the waste in question.
The Port of Loviisa’s vessel waste instructions provide the framework for the delivery of waste to the port. A vessel that intends to use the port’s waste reception service must notify the port of this at least 24 hours before the vessel’s arrival at the port. The notification must include the type and amount of waste as well as the waste oil tank volume and the port of departure.
No waste management fee is charged to vessels that the Finnish Transport Safety Agency (TraFi) has exempted from obligatory disposal of oily and solid wastes.
If a vessel which has been released from the waste management fee discharges waste in the port, the Port of Loviisa Ltd has the right to transfer the waste on for treatment/destruction at the expense of the vessel or shipping company.
Costs resulting from the discharging of waste will be char¬ged based on the type and/or amount of waste discharged:
For the amount of waste exceeding the capacity of the vessel’s storage space, for waste classified as hazardous waste or genera¬ted in the sulfur oxide scrubber and for the part of the cost that is not covered by the waste management fee. These charges include a processing charge that is 2.5% of the total invoice amount or a minimum of EUR 40.00.
The fee for vessel waste management includes a pumping time of 2 hours. Time exceeding 2 hours will be charged.
For amounts of waste that are exceptionally large in terms of the vessel’s normal use or traffic, the vessel or shipping company will be charged according to the costs that arise.
Additional information and application guidelines concerning other waste management fee discounts. https://portofloviisa.fi/en/services-and-price-list/price-list/
5. Vessel mooring and unmooring charges
Charges for mooring and unmooring of a ship will be collected separately.
The order includes 2 (two) hours of work for arriving vessels and 1 (one) hour of work for departing vessels. Any work exceeding these times and cancellations is charged at €100,00/hr.
5.1. Moving of vessels
The moving of a vessel by hauling is subject to a one-time charge of €120,00.
The moving of a vessel to another berth or turning the vessel is subject to both mooring and unmooring charges.
6. Charges for water sales
The charge for potable water supplied to vessels.
- Water supply is available weekdays 7am–3pm, orders Mon – Thu 7am – 3pm & Fri 7am – 1pm by phone.
- the minimum charge is for 10 m³.
- water supply outside normal working hours is subject to an additional charge of 50.00 €/h, min. 1h.
- potential vehicle transports are charged separately.
7. Electricity charges
Connecting and disconnecting, including measuring charge.
Electricity at port is charged.
The minimum charge (includes connections and electricity supply).
8. Hourly charges
For any separate work output mentioned in the price list, a charge per person participating in the work is collected.
9. Cleaning charge
A company engaged in stevedoring or other service provider in Port of Loviisa is obliged to clean away all debris and dispose of any waste, including remains of cargo, created by its operations. Cleaning shall be performed without delay after stevedoring or other, taking into account other traffic and quay conditions.
If the Port of Loviisa conducts the clean up after issuing notifications or by separate agreement, it has the right to invoice the company that in charge for the actual costs of the cleanup.